What’s included in this combo?
Included in this comprehensive bundle is everything you need to start surveying with drones.
DJI Phantom 4 RTK
- Aircraft Body × 1
- Remote Controller × 1
- Propeller Pair × 4
- Intelligent Flight Battery × 2
- AC Power Cable × 1
- WB37 Remote Controller Intelligent Battery × 1
- AC Power Adapter × 1
- Intelligent Battery Charging Hub × 1
- Intelligent Flight Battery Charging Hub × 1
- Gimbal Clamp × 1
- MicroSD Card (16GB) × 1
- Carrying Case × 1
- Micro USB Cable × 1
- USB-C Cable × 1
- USB-C OTG Cable × 1
- Phillips Screw × 2
Advanced Course (GVC)
The HALO Advanced GVC Drone Training Course is our flagship course, confirming that successful candidates have the required competency to operate within Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) in the Specific category, as governed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA). Culminating in a theoretical examination and a practical flight test, it is a comprehensive “all inclusive” package that will give you the necessary knowledge and tools to safely fly drones in a commercial setting.
The HALO Advanced GVC Course Includes:
- Live remote online learning with engaging tasks and activities
- Instructor directed 2 day ground school
- Online theory exam
- In person flight assessment at one of our sites
- GVC & A2 CofC certificate on completion
Practical Flight Training
The starting point for most pilots, this 1:1 training gives you the basic hand to eye coordination skills, good habits and manoeuvres to give structure to your own drone flying practice.
The HALO Practical Flight Training Course Includes:
- A professional instructor who has years of training experience and is a current commercial drone pilot. This ensures your training is up to date and relevant.
- A training location. We have a number of venues around the country, this will be discussed during your booking.
- Training drones. We have a fleet of purposefully developed training drones. These are designed to take a knock or two, and most importantly, they have dual controls. This means the instructor can regain control from the candidate to avoid an accident. We find that this is a really useful learning tool, it helps give candidates confidence knowing they are in a safe and controlled environment. The benefit is they tend to then relax and focus on learning rather than worry about crashing.
Drone Survey Training (Theory)
Specifically designed for operators who want to learn the fundamental principles of using drones to carry out accurate aerial surveys.
The HALO Drone Surveying Training Course Covers:
- Basics of Photogrammetry
- Data capture considerations
- Flight planning considerations subject to the data output required (3d models vs Orthomosaics)
- Flight planning Safety and Risk Assessments for waypoint flying
- Data validation (Ground Control Point considerations)
- Case study/s (and a practical demonstration if onsite)
- Flight planning optimisation
Drone Survey Training (Practical)
For those who want to put their drone surveying theory into practice. This training course will cover practical planning and data capture demonstrations (subject to site suitability).