The 1-day course covers the complete process of activities involved with conducting an accurate drone survey; from initial flight planning and data capture considerations, to data validation and practical demonstrations (if onsite).
The course is suitable for complete novices and seasoned operators alike. We are able to tailor this course to your competency, ensuring that we focus on what’s really relevant to you and enabling you to get full value from the course.
You can expect to receive expert guidance on the full process of planning and executing a drone survey. This will be undertaken in a face to face classroom setting or online via Microsoft Teams, depending on your choice. As with all of our Drone Training Courses, you can expect to receive the highest standards of training. Prior to the course, we will ask you more about your current competency so that we can tailor the course for you. However, as a guideline, here are some of the key topics that will be covered:
- Basics of Photogrammetry
- Data capture considerations
- Flight planning considerations subject to the data output required (3d models vs Orthomosaics)
- Flight planning Safety and Risk Assessments for waypoint flying
- Data validation (Ground Control Point considerations)
- Case study/s (and a practical demonstration if onsite)
- Flight planning optimisation